Booking Terms and Conditions
Switch Multimedia Films – Terms and Conditions of booking
We shoot using Multiple HD cameras for Bride and groom preparation (if included in the package chosen) at your ceremony, as well as your reception. Your final product will be available on a USB hard drive that is provided.
The end product is a 50-80-minute Feature Film of your day and a 3-5-minute highlight reel that will be in a format for social media and email etc. (if included in your chosen package)
Terms and Conditions
- Reservations of the Videographer’s services are guaranteed only upon receiving a minimum 50% Deposit/booking fee. No wedding date is secure and confirmed until this is paid. This fee in non-negotiable.
Special packages and promotions will often call for full balance payments at time of booking, in these cases the full balance must be paid upfront to confirm booking.
Bookings with a total balance less than $1000 will also require full payment at time of booking.
- The balance is due 60 days before the wedding date. (unless booking a “special” non-standard package in which these terms may differ and balance may be required sooner or upfront)
3 .A meal is to be provided to all Switch Multimedia videographers/photographers on the day of the event.
- The videographer reserves the right to use the video footage for promotional purposes. (if you would prefer not to have your footage used for the promotional purposes of Switch Multimedia Films please advise in writing)
- In the event of a postponement or cancellation of this event at ANY time (other than the time frames mentioned below) by the client, the booking fee ($500) is non-refundable.
If a booking is cancelled by the client more within 120 days prior to confirmed booking date, the client will be charged 50% of the original invoice price. If the client cancels within 60 days of confirmed booking date, NO monies will be refunded.
- If the Booking is cancelled at ANY time by Switch Multimedia Films the Client will be fully refunded any monies paid to date including the booking fee.
- Progress payments may be requested in situations whereby the wedding is booked more than 12 months in advance or the amount exceeds $2500.00.
- The videographer takes the utmost care in the services offered. However, if for any reason, including Natural Disasters or reasons beyond the videographers control (including that of a third party invited to the event by the customer photographer, celebrant guests etc.) a refund of no more than 50% of the total price applies.
- Full feature films are 60-80 minutes in length (this is a guide only) this is based on the average length of a ceremony going for a minimum of 30 minutes in length and speeches a minimum 15 minutes. Some films with shorter ceremony and speech times may result in the feature film being less than the above time frame
- You can expect to receive your highlight reel and the full feature both delivered and available online (Highlight only) within 24 weeks. We will always do our most to try and get your films to you before this time, however during peak wedding season this can be difficult.
We fully understand that you will be eager to see your wedding day on film, however we do ask that you refrain from contacting us prior to the 24 week mark with ETA enquires. As you can imagine the creative processes involved in filming and editing a wedding video are lengthy and require a lot of concentration and attention to detail. We find if we are constantly answering emails and phone calls regarding this it can take away from the creative process. If there will be a delay, we will notify you in writing.
While we do our most to ensure these times are adhered to, at times often out of our control these time frames may vary slightly, if this is the case you will be notified in writing that there will be a delay.
- Music for highlight reel is chosen by Switch Multimedia Films to comply with copyright laws, allowing us to post on Vimeo. However please feel free to speak to us regarding this and we are happy to give you a selection of music to choose from.
- Music for the ‘full feature’ film is generally matched to the music used on the day, however if you have a specific song in mind please let us know in an email within at least 2 weeks either side of the event date.
- All prices and packages are subject to change without notice.
- By paying the non-refundable deposit, you are also acknowledging that you have read and understood this service agreement and what you are receiving in the package that has been chosen.